Tooth whitening is a popular procedure to make teeth whiter and brighter, and therefore more attractive. Bleaching can be used to whiten stained and discolored teeth, or simply to enhance a dull smile. Either way, tooth whitening is a safe and relatively painless procedure ideal for most patients. Our office offers whitening based on ones individual needs.
Opalescence – On the Go
Pre-filled universal fit trays for upper and lower teeth, wear for 30 minutes per day for 10 days, a stronger whitening strip than Crest white strips and much more comfortable fit.
Opalescence – Custom Take Home Trays
Flexible trays made to custom fit your teeth. Whitening solution is dispensed into custom made trays to be worn for 30 minutes a day until desired result is achieved (usually 2 weeks or more).
Opalescence – Boost
In office whitening procedure requiring 2 appointments: 1st appointment (30 min.) will be impressions for fabricating custom trays for take home use. 2nd appointment (75 min.) will be the in-office application of Boost whitening as well as delivery of take home trays. The take home trays are recommended to be used daily for approximately 2 weeks, 30 minutes a day.
Whitening procedure which involves taking very detailed impressions to be used by a specialty lab to fabricate custom trays to be used with at home bleaching solution for a series of weeks until desired result is achieved. This option is great for more difficult cases. May need in-office treatment as well.
Differences between Opalescence GO and Crest white strips
- GO is 15% hydrogen peroxide. Crest white strips are below 10% (Retail stores are not allowed to sell anything over 9%).
- GO covers molar to molar. Crest white strips are canine to canine.
- GO is pharmaceutical grade whitening. Crest is OTC and there aren’t many tests or studies like there are for pharmaceutical products.
- GO is worn 1 X a day for a maximum of 30 minutes. Crest strips are usually an hour or more depending on the kit purchased and used sometimes 2 X a day.
- GO has 20 % water and potassium nitrate for sensitivity. Crest strips do not.